The 500th anniversary of Martin Luther’s 95 Theses is pretty significant. Stuart Lange has been offering seminars in various parts of the country looking at the relevance of that event, and the whole Reformation, for us. Of course, there have been many other people doing similar things and the anniversary has led to a plethora of books, articles, and videos.
Is it all academic or is it pertinent to your church? Is it only history buffs who will be interested or should all of our people know about these things?
The latest 9 Marks journal asks those questions and looks at various aspects of the Reformation.
- Connecting the church and the gospel
- What about the Reformers’ character flaws?
- How the Reformation addresses social exploitation
- The five solas
- How the Reformation changed church history
- The Reformation and…
- Expositional preaching
- The Holy Spirit and true conversion
- Personal evangelism and the Great Commission
And there’s more. Take the opportunity this anniversary gives, to learn more and re-think the issues.