St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Te Awamutu – 12-13 September 2015
Peter Cheyne is a wonderful, methodical, inspiring teacher of God’s word. As he taught our people on discipleship there was a very positive reaction – people felt free to ask good questions, they received excellent responses from Peter and left both the seminar and the church services challenged, built up and encouraged in their faith journey. Peter’s approach helped people to develop their own discipleship as well feeding on ideas to disciple others. The seeds Peter planted will bear fruit in the months and years ahead. We are very grateful.
Rev Ron Bennett, Te Awamutu Presbyterian Church.
St Paul’s Presbyterian Church, Manurewa – 4-7 September 2014
As the minister at St Paul’s Presbyterian Church in Manurewa, I would like to take this opportunity of sharing the wonderful blessings we received from Peter Cheyne during the the time he spent with us from the 4th to the 7th of September 2014.
We had special services which were geared to challenging and growing our congregation in Mission, Vision and Disciple Making. To achieve our goals we organised our time with Peter as follows:
- Thursday 4th —- A Leader interacting with Leaders – on the topic of “The Mission Sequence”
- Friday 5th —- A Leader interacting with Young People – looking at “How To be Part Of A Movement”
- Saturday 6th —- Seminar [part 1] “Paul’s Disciple-making in Thessalonica”
Seminar [part 2] “Paul’s disciple-making in Thessalonica”
- A group of leaders took Peter our for a time of sharing around the table on Saturday Evening.
- The weekend was closed with a wonderful sermon (“Make every effort to grow”) followed by communion on the Sunday morning.
We have seen real spiritual growth and received only wonderful comments regarding Peter Cheyne’s visit. Praise the Lord.
We at St Paul’s would like to highly recommend Peter and suggest that you invite him to visit your church. You won’t be sorry!
Rev Tony Spandow