How much do we require of church members?
- Attend church regularly
- Help preserve the gospel
- Help affirm gospel citizens
- Attend members’ meetings
- Disciple other church members
- Share the gospel with outsiders
- Follow your leaders
Does it seem extreme to you? Or is that just because we are so often soft on what membership means? What is the biblical picture of the responsibilities of membership?
I wonder if we should add to what Leeman has listed. Should the “job description” also include:
- all of the “one another” commands
- living a life worthy of the gospel
What do you think membership involves? What do you actually require of your members?